Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Steamboat House


THE STEAMBOAT HOUSE
8045 N. Sam Houston Pkwy W.
Houston, Texas 77064


My wife and I were first introduced to this establishment when some close friends of ours took us there to celebrate my birthday. Let me first say that my wife was so enamored with the place that she made me take her back to celebrate her own birthday.


This place is one of the more unusual restaurant experiences that you will ever have. The opportunity to view all of the historical paintings and artifacts alone is almost worth the price of the meal. This place is a veritable museum of Texas history with some of the most unbelievable wall murals/paintings that you will ever see, not to mention the many framed documents of obvious historical significance.


The food is impressive; although, not the best that I have had. I would definitely go back for the food alone. The service is very good. The wait staff is very attentive and will not miss an opportunity to make sure that you have everything that you need. The Restaurant Owner makes his rounds and makes conversation with the patrons. He is very friendly without being overbearing or pushy and seems to really enjoy fielding questions about the restaurant décor.


The Steamboat House is upscale without the normally prerequisite snooty atmosphere. I would highly recommend it, especially if you have out of town visitors who would benefit from the Texas history lesson. You should be prepared to spend a few dollars when you visit The Steamboat House, but in my humble opinion, it is worth the investment.


I give it an 8.8 on a scale of 1 to 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment