Wednesday, August 12, 2009

DIARY OF AN AMATEUR FOOD CRITIC

Being your “Average Joe” who just happens work in an industry and holds a position that affords me the opportunity to visit various eating establishments in and around the Houston area, and has also developed a penchant for putting my thoughts and feelings into words, I feel that I have a responsibility to myself to keep a record of my experiences at some of the local restaurants.

I am a notoriously hard person to please, as my family will readily attest. My personal opinion is that if you are visiting an eatery that provides a hostess and wait staff and it requires any more demand on your wallet than the local McDonalds, they are required to provide you with good attentive service and properly prepared food. I feel very strongly that if they fall short of these expectations, you, as a consumer, have a responsibility to complain and the restaurant’s management should never allow you to leave unsatisfied. If you don’t bother to complain, then it makes it easier for them to provide sub-par service to the next patron who comes in. My wife has walked to the car leaving me alone to fight many battles with poorly run eating establishments. Don’t get me wrong, I am never rude or overbearing when things are not to my liking and I always tip very well, even if the experience is only average. I usually make my complaint and give them a few moments to make the proper gesture. Usually, if they refuse to do anything to rectify the situation, I will go ahead and pay the bill and leave. In the past, I have filed this information in the back of my mind and used it for future reference if and when the name of the restaurant came up again. That is, until now.

This blog is not an attempt to inflict any retribution or damage to any restaurant’s ownership or management and is simply an exercise of my right to my opinion.This is my contribution to the restaurant patrons of Houston Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment